FORBES Magazine online blog, The Best Revenge – by Ashlea Ebeling, has an excellent article called 10 Ways to Lawsuit Proof Your Estate that covers a lot of the advice that we at Ainer & Fraker, LLP give to our clients.
Please read the entire article by clicking on the following link: 10 Ways to Lawsuit-Proof Your Estate.
We found this article to be full of good ideas, so we are going to dedicate a separate blog post for each of the 10 Ways to Lawsuit-Proof Your Estate, which we will follow up with our own commentary.
In brief, here are the 10 Ways to Lawsuit-Proof Your Estate:
- Treat siblings equally
- Decide who gets which treasure
- Keep track of loans and advances
- Transfer a business with a contract
- Check ownership of what you leave
- Get your own lawyer
- Consider a corporate executor
- Establish you’re of sound mind
- Include a “no contest” clause
- Spell out any disinheritance
Click on any of the links above to take you to the blog post that discusses it.